The Food and Drug Industry Education Foundation assists individuals in advancing their knowledge and skills and was established solely and exclusively to support and encourage education, training and instruction for the Arizona Food Industry.
SCHOLARSHIPS & OPPORTUNITIES
- The Professional Scholarship program is available to individuals who are actively employed by a member company of AFMA, and have committed to a career in the Arizona Food Industry, and are attending school full-time.
- The Employee Scholarship program is available to individuals who are actively employed by a member company of AFMA.
- The Dependent Scholarship program is available to dependants of individual(s) actively employed by a member company of AFMA, and provides assistance for the education of individuals who have provided evidence of having the intelligence, aptitude and self-discipline necessary to be successful at the college or university level.
- The Retail Management Scholarship is available to individuals who are enrolling in classes to complete their Retail Management Certificate at approved community colleges. This scholarship is available to individuals who are actively employed by a Member company of AFMA and have one or more years of industry experience. Click here to learn more about the certificate and to find an approved community college.
- Tuition Reimbursement is available to individual(s) who are actively employed by a member company of AFMA. Store clerks, Cashiers, Stockers, Bookkeepers, Courtesy Clerks, Marketing Directors, Sales Reps, Brand Field Merchandisers, and Production Managers just to name a few, have all benefited from this great opportunity.
- The Western Association of Food Chains is pleased to announce the WAFC Retail Management Certificate Program, a 8-course college-level program that has been fully endorsed by the Western Association of Food Chains and its member companies. The certificate’s curriculum was developed out of a collaborative effort between several food industry and college professionals and encompasses several business essentials, including the "soft skills" of management and communication required for career success in the retail food industry.
- A list of participating Arizona colleges may be found on the WAFC website.
FOOD INDUSTRY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
The food industry employs one in six people nationwide, and continues to change and grow with consumer tastes and needs. Delivered by the Morrison School of Agribusiness at ASU’s W. P. Carey School, the business degree in food industry management prepares you to launch an exciting career in one of the biggest and most essential sectors of the global economy. Click here to learn more or watch the video below.
© 2016 Arizona Food Marketing Alliance
120 E Pierce St.
Phoenix, AZ 85004