The Food and Drug Industry Education Foundation was founded in 1997 to support and encourage education, training and instruction for the Arizona food industry. To date, over $2 million has been awarded to AFMA members and their dependents to assist with advancing their knowledge and skills.
FOOD INDUSTRY DEGREE AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
AFMA Scholarships are available if you are accepted into the program. Please visit (https://webapp4.asu.edu/programs/t5/majorinfo/ASU00/BABUSFIMBA/undergrad/false) to learn more about the program.
- The Western Association of Food Chains is pleased to offer the WAFC Retail Management Certificate Program, an 8-course college-level program that has been fully endorsed by the WAFC and its member companies. The is a nationally-recognized, accredited college program developed by retail industry experts and community college leaders to prepare retail employees for positions in management. Through successful completion of the program, students gain the knowledge, skills, abilities and confidence that empowers them to become leaders in retails and service-oriented companies. For more information on the certificate and a list of participating Arizona colleges that offer the program, please visit the WAFC website (https://retailmanagementcertificate.com/).
SCHOLARSHIPS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Scholarships are available to individuals who work for AFMA member companies and their dependents.
- Scholarships are available to AFMA member companies and their dependents.
- The application window is open from February 1 to April 30 on a yearly basis.
- Requirements for application:
- Be an Arizona resident.
- Professional & Employee applicants must be a current employee with an AFMA member company with at least one year of service.
- Dependent applicants must have a parent/guardian who is a current employee with an AFMA member company with at least one year of service and be under the age of 26.
- Attend an accredited community college, college or university in the state of Arizona.
- Plan to obtain a degree.
- Carry a minimum of 9 credit hours and complete all course with a 2.0 GPA, or better.
ARIZONA FOOD MARKETING ALLIANCE
120 E. Pierce St, Phoenix, AZ 85004