The Food and Drug Industry Education Foundation was founded in 1997 to support and encourage education, training and instruction for the Arizona food industry. To date, over $2 million has been awarded to AFMA members and their dependents to assist with advancing their knowledge and skills.
FOOD INDUSTRY DEGREE AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
- The food sector continues to grow and shift with consumer needs and preferences. Delivered by the Morrison School of Agribusiness at ASU’s W.P. Carey School of Business, the Food Industry Marketing and Management degree takes the techniques and strategies used in business management and applies them to the processing, trade and sale of food products across the supply chain. This degree prepares you to launch an exciting career in one of the biggest and most essential sectors of the global economy.
AFMA Scholarships are available if you are accepted into the program. Please visit (https://webapp4.asu.edu/programs/t5/majorinfo/ASU00/BABUSFIMBA/undergrad/false) to learn more about the program.
- The Western Association of Food Chains is pleased to offer the WAFC Retail Management Certificate Program, an 8-course college-level program that has been fully endorsed by the WAFC and its member companies. The is a nationally-recognized, accredited college program developed by retail industry experts and community college leaders to prepare retail employees for positions in management. Through successful completion of the program, students gain the knowledge, skills, abilities and confidence that empowers them to become leaders in retails and service-oriented companies. For more information on the certificate and a list of participating Arizona colleges that offer the program, please visit the WAFC website (https://retailmanagementcertificate.com/).
SCHOLARSHIPS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Scholarships are available to individuals who work for AFMA member companies and their dependents.
- Attend an accredited community college, college or university in the state of Arizona.
- Plan to obtain a degree.
- Carry a minimum of 9 credit hours and complete all courses with a “C” grade, or better.
- See applications for additional details. (Located under “Foundation” on menu)
ARIZONA FOOD MARKETING ALLIANCE
120 E. Pierce St, Phoenix, AZ 85004